On Being Unemployed

I never really thought that I'd enjoy wasting so many days so much. Let me give you a quick breakdown of my day:

9:30-10:00 - Wake up, decide to get out of bed.
10:00-11:30 - Make breakfast, eat breakfast. Think about getting more breakfast. Decide it takes to much effort and my stomach is sastisfied for now. Watch movie while eating and stomach digests.
11:30-12:30 - Read online comics, online forums, blogs, watch anything interesting at ebaumsworld or muchosucko (usually skip most of it),
miscellaneous web browsing
12:30-1:00 - Conclude browsing, try to postpone smoke. Go for smoke.
1:00 - 2:00 - Tummy rumbles, look through cupboards and realize I don't have any food. Scrounge for awhile and settle on KD. Prepare and eat KD. Watch crap TV.
2:00-2:05 - Tell myself I should do something worthwhile today. Think about working on art, or comics.
2:05-2:06 - Plan on doing it tomorrow.
2:06-5:00 - This is open time. If I have a quick errand do that (do not usually have one). Read book or play video games. Lately I have been wasting a lot of time and straining my eyes on Tumblebugs.
5:00-6:00 - Ash gets home from work, annoy Ash, cook supper, eat, while watching more TV.
6:00-7:00 - Supper clean up, annoy Ash, go back to internet to see if anything is different.
7:00-9:00 - Sit on couch and try and find something on TV. Might go for walk, might play more tumblebugs.
9:00-11:00 - Watch TV. Have snack. Get ready for bed.
11:00-9:30 - Talk to Ash, think about shit I should do tomorrow, fall asleep.

It's pretty sad, but this is what unemployment is like for me. Don't get me wrong. I'm enjoying myself. I should've gone outside today, but I didn't realize it was nice until about 3:00 when I had a smoke. By then, all ambition had been wiped out by a day of lazing around. It's my last week before classes start. I don't know if I'll actually get anything accomplished other than watching all the movies I've wanted to watch on Free Front Row and read a few Steven King books. But wtf. In another two weeks, I'll be rolling in homework, submersed in my studio classes and generally going nuts again. This has probably been the best part of the summer hands down. Another week of this lethargy, but right now I'm in a good place with it. I haven't been this lazy since high school.

K, my fingers are tired now. If I find the ambition, you might get a post some time later.

Till then, have fun at work. SUCKERS!

1 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

you'll realize at the end of your enjoyment that you can't remember what any of it was like because it was all the same and you have nothing to show for it...much like working, however, with working, you at least have money and can go out and medicate yourself with gadgets and booze...

that's why you should come hiking with me, kat and jeremy this weekend...

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



I know this looks dumb. It's just a test graphic.



Name:Binns
Home:Saskatchewan, Canada
About Me:Read my blog.
See my complete profile

Blomic Archive


Other Blogs I Like
Pilot's Blog

Links
Penny Arcade
My Obsession
Ebaumsworld - Humour
Skoopy - More Humour

Previous Posts
I Shall Thwart Thee!
The End of Summer is Almost Nigh...
...drumroll Please
The Winner Is...
This is the sophisticated art that I had been pi...
Blomic Names and Blogger Links
Distracted Doodles
Pick-the-Names Contest
To Prove I Have at Least One Friend
Introducing: This Guy!

Archive
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006

Other Stuff