Back to School

Yessss! I've been waiting months for this day. Maybe some might call me a nerd, but I can't get enough of university. As I write this, I've only attended one class so far. But that's enough to get me going. At the last moment, I decided to switch from Ceramics to Intermedia. The reason for the switch was so that I didn't get swamped with work. This evening I will be starting Printmaking, which I hear is fairly labour intensive (lots of overtime needed). And that's the story I hear about Ceramics too. I'm not afraid to work hard or long hours; I just don't want to be caught in a situation where I have to much to do and not enough hours to do it.

Intermedia looks very interesting. I mean, it definitely appeals to me for a couple of reasons. A lot of ideas I have for an art piece generally has movement to it. Thus video projection. The second most appealing fact is that it will feel a little more like I know what I'm doing. I know that a lot of what I've learned from my SIAST course will help me out here. It's going to be a completely different product from what I made at SIAST, but some of the technical stuff will be the same. I plan to go ape-doody with Photoshop for my slide presentation. Really blow some socks off, man. But, if I do use the computer lab provided, I'm going to have to shed my evil Windows skin and get out the old Mac leisure suit. That suit is pretty wrinkled and moth-bitten, but once I slip into it, it'll be like I never took it off. I just thank Jebus that they use two-button wheel mice. I mean seriously Stevie J., just suck it up and realize that the world needs more than one button.

Aside from the digital designs that I look forward too, the course subject should be interesting and lead to creative explosions. The basic idea is going to be about how we can represent ourselves, and what it means to be me, and maybe how others view me. It's going to take some thinking outside of the box to come up with some ways to portray how I think of myself, but I like the challenge.

The instructor, or prof it you prefer, is gonna be cool to work with. His name is Lee Henderson and he is in the final stages of completing his Masters of Fine Arts (MFA). It's kinda weird that he's my teacher, because for one, he's fairly young (which really doesn't matter in my opinion) and that I would've considered us on fairly friendly terms before I entered his classroom. Because my sister is an Intermedia major, I was always hanging around there and she introduced me to a handful of artists. Lee was one of them, and we liked to talk about computers (cause they're cool). But honestly, as time went on with my last semester, I started to see Jon (my instructor for both studio classes) become to be more of a friend than a teacher (although I think he always maintained the level with all of us that he was the teacher).

Well, I'll give another detailed acocunt of my other classes as I enter them. I'll finish the first-day run through by tomorrow afternoon. Oh, and in case you guys didn't guess, now that I'm in university, this blog will probably now be mostly of that stuff. But don't worry, a particular person will still get a prize, and if I have time, a comic may float around every now and then.

So long suckers,
Till next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Soulfood said...

I had a really good friend me my prof. I think it's awesome. You might think at first that it'll be a little weird...but it's really not. They're a great help and if they're true friends, they don't mind you asking for help outside of conventional "office hours".

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



I know this looks dumb. It's just a test graphic.



Name:Binns
Home:Saskatchewan, Canada
About Me:Read my blog.
See my complete profile

Blomic Archive


Other Blogs I Like
Pilot's Blog

Links
Penny Arcade
My Obsession
Ebaumsworld - Humour
Skoopy - More Humour

Previous Posts
On Being Unemployed
I Shall Thwart Thee!
The End of Summer is Almost Nigh...
...drumroll Please
The Winner Is...
This is the sophisticated art that I had been pi...
Blomic Names and Blogger Links
Distracted Doodles
Pick-the-Names Contest
To Prove I Have at Least One Friend

Archive
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006

Other Stuff