Wow, I still have a blog.

Man, almost 3 weeks without a post. And this one will be short. I promise. But it will be a heads up for a more elaborate post for tomorrow.

I have seriously been swamped with work through my two studio classes. Printmaking always has some little project due for next class and I just finished my first Intermedia project and presented it this morning (which went surprisingly well). The past week has been the worst. I've pretty much been at the school from about 9:00 - 9:30, or if I go home earlier, it's just to end up working on crap there.

Other than the fact that it is a little physically and mentally draining (being hit so hard so quickly) I really can't complain. I'm working with two mediums that I have really had no previous experience with. Some people that know me will say that I've done intermedia stuff, but I haven't. It's a different art form that I haven't even touched on. Yes, the digital tools are the same or quite familiar to what I've done in the past, but the approach to the project is completely different.

Well, I'm getting more sleep now. It's amazing how much I treasure it now so much more in the summer in which I had more than I wanted. I managed to actually sneak a nap in this afternoon. It was awesome. It usually takes me a long time to fall asleep, but when I closed my eyes, I was out. And had a very strange, intricately confusing dream as well. My nap dreams are pretty lame, and most of the time non-existent. But I've found it before and am discovering it again, that if you like to have vivid dreams, deprive yourself of sleep and study something that is completely new to you. I think it's the brain coping with both sleep deprivation and new neuron connections that does it.

Till next time,
Nathan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soulfood said...

Oh yeah. The best thing about university is the naps. I LOVE NAPS. I'll say it.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Pilon, A said...

Ok people, sorry I had to do this but you leave me no choice..me and Steve are desperate for entries into the Oligodendroglia contest, whether you hate us or love us, enter it, please. Entries are due Spet 30th, for more info visit www.pylonics.tk.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



I know this looks dumb. It's just a test graphic.



Name:Binns
Home:Saskatchewan, Canada
About Me:Read my blog.
See my complete profile

Blomic Archive


Other Blogs I Like
Pilot's Blog

Links
Penny Arcade
My Obsession
Ebaumsworld - Humour
Skoopy - More Humour

Previous Posts
A Response To Pilotsworld.
Back to School
On Being Unemployed
I Shall Thwart Thee!
The End of Summer is Almost Nigh...
...drumroll Please
The Winner Is...
This is the sophisticated art that I had been pi...
Blomic Names and Blogger Links
Distracted Doodles

Archive
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006

Other Stuff