Beware the Scary Monsters!

ghoul

This is my latest art piece I made up in my Printmaking class. Not really my style to actually go for the cartoony look for my University classes, but what the hell. Sometimes it's nice to go with what you know. I had absolute shit for ideas and time was ticking away to get it done. So, in tune with the time of the year, I made a little Halloween treat for myself. Printmaking is definitely kickass. Something about the process of etching the plate, applying and wiping ink, and pulling up that piece of paper is so rewarding. It is definitely an area I want to further explore. I think that it will be my focus this summer.

My second intermedia piece is almost complete. It's kind of a struggle for me. One would think with my technical background I'd be able to fly through this class, but it's a different story. The technical issues are secondary to coming up with and following through on your idea. I find that I'm not using a lot of flashy shit to complete my works, and keeping it to the basics. My last piece is very personal and I have no idea how the class is going to accept it. Hopefully, after they see it, they will feel like shit. I don't want their pity, I just want them to experience something uneasy. Perhaps my next post will deal with that. I present it Thursday morning.

At the moment, I have to study for my Art History mid-term tomorrow. I hate that fucking class. Not the subject, but the teacher. This woman makes no sense. I have no clue what to study, and my notes won't help. She's constantly all over the place, which leads to really crappy notes. But, it's gotta get done. Yippee!

Later.

5 Comments:

Blogger Soulfood said...

Haha, I totally feel for you. As I type this comment, I should be studying. I also have no idea what's going on in my class. Ahh, 4th year university...fun!

zuttdxjr

11:03 PM  
Blogger David Roman said...

what the heck is zuttdxjr? Hey Binns, the gay store called, they said they're all out of you...

12:46 PM  
Blogger Soulfood said...

It's my word verification word!!

vyiqcrly

3:24 PM  
Blogger Pilot said...

cool momsters

7:49 PM  
Blogger Pilot said...

I remember this one time you updated.. or made your presence known at all. That was cool.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



I know this looks dumb. It's just a test graphic.



Name:Binns
Home:Saskatchewan, Canada
About Me:Read my blog.
See my complete profile

Blomic Archive


Other Blogs I Like
Pilot's Blog

Links
Penny Arcade
My Obsession
Ebaumsworld - Humour
Skoopy - More Humour

Previous Posts
Fuck
Congrats Aaron and Kelly
Wow, I still have a blog.
A Response To Pilotsworld.
Back to School
On Being Unemployed
I Shall Thwart Thee!
The End of Summer is Almost Nigh...
...drumroll Please
The Winner Is...

Archive
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006

Other Stuff